Thursday, August 30, 2007

Weeks 3 & 4

Guten Tag all, from Hohenfels, Germany! I have officially been welcomed here. Last Friday night, I was "hailed" at a Hail & Farewell Boat cruise. The picture is of two of my local national workers, Vi (in front) and Marina. They have been so great and supportive and have patiently helped me to begin to learn my way around the library.

I finally have DSL at home, so I can add to my posts. I am posting some photos of my apartment. Isn't the pretty blue fireplace great? I can't wait to use it this winter. Notice the rolldown shutters on the windows. That makes it easy to lock the house down and keep out the light as well. All of the windows have them.








I am adjusting to my job ok. It is an adjustment to be managing adult workers. Also, I have to take bunches of classes- I drove an hour north to Grafenwoer to attend some management classes. I have to go back again tomorrow, but the drive is quite lovely through the lush green German countryside. I go through several quaint little villages too. I bought a GPS today for the car; lots of people have them here, and I think it will be very helpful.


I may go to Heidelberg this weekend, if Stephen and Megh are not busy. I can't wait to see them. Otherwise, I may just go gallivanting around. There are usually fests or small festivals in villages on the weekends. I plan to take the train down to Munich some time soon too. I want to visit my Ulla- if she remembers me! (She is the German lady I stayed with two years ago when I worked at the International Youth Library. )

















I hope to have some visitors soon- who will be the first??

Miss you all

Nan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful apartment!! I love and miss you soooo much!

Fabiƫnne said...

hey you,

looks nice!
I hope I can be the first visitor...
love you

Anonymous said...

Nannie:

Great apartment....looks so warm already! You KNOW I'd be the first to visit if I wasn't so unselfish as to let Fabienne be first!!!

Love you,

Your Brother